This is so fun
A sea of people out for a cause
Do I look cute in this shirt or what?
I've been so grass deprived, I love this stuff
Early morning waiting for the shuttle
Racing for "Mike's mom, Mrs. Davidchik who was a survivor and advocate for the cure"
"Barbara Pennington, Papa's aunt who is fighting and surviving"
"Kathy Lundeen, Auntie Lu's mom who is a long term survivor!"
We woke up really early on Sunday morning to race for the cure. I decided to compete in the Sleep for the Cure event after waiting an hour for the event to start. I woke up just in time to walk across the finish line with about 46,000 other people. It was so much fun. We went 5k in 1 hour and 20 minutes which isn't too bad considering we had a potty and latte stop in there. Bompa and May-May made it the whole way without trying to bum a ride from my chariot. After the race there was music and dancing in the grass. What fun we had and I got my very own shirt that I can wear for the next 5 years :)
2 comments:
Oh so adorable. I absolutely LOVE the top picture with the Duffy cheese. I know she has your hair Vicki but this is totally a Duff grin. Either way, SO ADORABLE!!
What an awesome experiece for you to share with your daughter and mother. That's awesome that you were walking for Aunt Barbara, among others! Now I wish I could have been there... but there's always next year! Thanks for supporting the cause.
Post a Comment