These people know how to have a preschool. I am telling you, between the interior deco/toys, the riding cars and such and the slide built into the side of the hill (pics to follow of that one) I want to go there and play each day. It really puts things into perspective as I teach Early Childhood classes to potential preschool teachers. Of course any time I give an inch to my little brainiac of a 2 year old, she takes a mile. She had to wear her new favorite "I love candy" shirt. It is actually supposed to be pajamas but she insists that you can't eat candy in bed so it is not for bedtime. Then she came home from school and decided she wanted to wear my heals. I told her no, she put them on anyway. I told her she couldn't wear them because she would fall and get hurt. To prove me wrong she made it up a flight of open back wooden stair with them on carrying her sippy cup in one hand. Tu Che. Then the other night she found the ruby slippers. The pictures will tell that story and how well I won that battle. I am conceding to a 2 year old. Time to hit those books I used in the parenting classes I taught before I became one. God Bless Kera Grace for being such a trooper just chilling and rolling with all the punches smiling all the while. Now if I could just get her to stop growing so fast so she didn't have to eat through the night anymore.
WHERE EVER LIFE TAKES YOU, MAY HAPPINESS FOLLOW
Climb Every Mountain, Ford Every Stream, Follow Every Rainbow, till You Find Your Dream
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Back to School
These people know how to have a preschool. I am telling you, between the interior deco/toys, the riding cars and such and the slide built into the side of the hill (pics to follow of that one) I want to go there and play each day. It really puts things into perspective as I teach Early Childhood classes to potential preschool teachers. Of course any time I give an inch to my little brainiac of a 2 year old, she takes a mile. She had to wear her new favorite "I love candy" shirt. It is actually supposed to be pajamas but she insists that you can't eat candy in bed so it is not for bedtime. Then she came home from school and decided she wanted to wear my heals. I told her no, she put them on anyway. I told her she couldn't wear them because she would fall and get hurt. To prove me wrong she made it up a flight of open back wooden stair with them on carrying her sippy cup in one hand. Tu Che. Then the other night she found the ruby slippers. The pictures will tell that story and how well I won that battle. I am conceding to a 2 year old. Time to hit those books I used in the parenting classes I taught before I became one. God Bless Kera Grace for being such a trooper just chilling and rolling with all the punches smiling all the while. Now if I could just get her to stop growing so fast so she didn't have to eat through the night anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL, love the shoes little Miss D. It's either give in or go insane, Vicki. It's amazing the logic they shoot right back at ya when you say no. I don't know if it is just generic baby faces but there is something about Kera Grace that reminds me or looks like Griffin. I think it is the shape of her eyes but she is such a cutie. Griffin is growing the same as her and I have not been able to use all of Duncan's clothes for him so far. He, however is keeping me on the move. He started crawling at 6-1/2 months and is walking while holding on to things. Geesh! I am still trying to figure out how to get him to sleep through the night although he only gets up once for a quick snack and back to zzzz land so I guess I can't complain too much.
Ya. Um, I am really enjoying a book called "I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids." I'm pretty sure it's NOT taught in parenting or early childhood ed classes. :)
Post a Comment