Saturday, February 07, 2009

Your So Big and You Know It

Nali has taken the road to independence. It might sound like a helpful road to those struggling with infants but let me tell you some days I long for the completely dependent 3 month old that coos and stares and eats and sleeps. Nali can now dress herself from head to toe including socks, shoes and jacket. She is a bit creative in her methods but she is dressed none the less. Yesterday I sent her upstairs to take off her jammies and put on some clothes. About 15 minutes later I hear "NO, that's not how it goes!" I decided to investigate and this is what I found.



It was all I could do not to begin rolling on the floor laughing hysterically. I did laugh as I helped her out of the sweater/shirt puzzle she created. We had to have a talk about why the Mermaid shirt (even though obviously cooler than the sweater) had to go under the sweater. Next step potty training. Not too confident about that one but we'll try to tackle it before her 3rd b-day. For now she is enjoying wearing no less than 3 pair of "big girl panties" at a time.

4 comments:

Life is Good said...

OMG....I am rolling for you!!! I posted the photos of the accessories today! I can't wait for you to get them!
xoxo,
Karri

Mom on the Move! said...

Three pairs of panties - I have a picture of Boogie with three pair of Tinkerbell panties on before we started "Operation Jump on the Potty Train". Everyone said it was a sure sign that she was ready.

Kelly said...

Oh she is so sweet!!! It *hurts* to watch them sometimes, doesn't it? They try so hard! But then it hurts harder to contain your laughter, so...

:) Too cute!

Erika and Rob said...

well - i just found a skirt that this girl will love in SA for her much too quickly approaching 3rd bday. sorry duff!