Sunday, April 13, 2008

I am TOTALLY A TWO YEAR OLD






I am not sure about the terrible twos but I do have a case of the "Holy cow, how is that physically possible and why are you doing it and why won't you stop?" No one said it would be easy, of course no one really told me how hard it would be to have a toddler of my own and a new infant either. Just as I was getting ready to pop I got a few e-mails from brave women who sneakily leaked a few phrases such as "It will be challenging but worth it" and "It isn't easy but you love them anyway" Those were nice ways to say, sorry we couldn't warn you earlier but it would have broken the code of all women to let you know how totally crazy having two children by yourself really is. That is unless you are a movie star and can afford to buy, beg and/or steal whatever you need to get through. Anyhow we had a great time at Denali's second birthday. We went to a place called Mega Play which proved to be fun for the kids small and large. In fact I had so much fun I am considering having my 30th there :) Not really but it was a ton of fun.

2 comments:

Life is Good said...

lol....you are so funny! I remember before I had Ayla other moms told me that I would never sleep the same again. They were right! Now I hear the same comments that you just wrote about and guess what....I am not even second guessing them! We are CRAZY! Hope you are recovering quickly!
Love,
Karri

The Shinns said...

It's funny because after Duncan was born, I looked back at how easy I had it before him and after having Griffin I looked back and saw how easy I had it with just one. It just goes to show you it's all relative and you adjust. I agree with the not sleeping the same thing because that totally happened to me. Funny too how the men can sleep through a hurricane but moms wake at hearing the pin drop. :)